Quote Originally Posted by Todd W. White View Post
A. They are excellent drivers that measure extremely well. I have seen the TEF measurements and they are amazing - the best of any of the 604's ever made. The "shoutiness" that some folks get with them would show up in the TEF response curves and waterfall plots if this problem was inherent to the speakers themselves. It's just not there. Period.
Hi Todd,

Could you share the off-axis measurements? The on-axis TEF measurements I've seen are indeed impressive, but "shoutiness" is sometimes apparent only when looking at the power response/ range of on- and off-axis measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd W. White View Post
C. With regard to the man who was disappointed in the GPA 604's at the Colorado audio show - having not attended (I will this year), I can't comment on the system that was used there. That said, I can tell you that when I demonstrated the 604-8H-II's in Stonehenge V-type boxes at the Great Plains Audio Fest in Tulsa a few years ago, using the stock crossovers, no one heard what you're talking about or complained of listener fatigue.
I heard what I heard. And, I'll suggest that my impressions seem to echo some of the feedback received at Tulsa, as seen here: PIC'S OF ICONIC'S DEMO ROOM @ GREAT PLAINS AUDIOFEST IN TULSA! and further discussed by GM and joyspring later in the thread.

I have no doubt that the 604s are excellent performers, and that I am in the miniscule minority that is perhaps hyper-sensitive to these kinds of issues. But that doesn't mean I'm nuts, either.

My apolgies for taking the thread so far afield; I'll restrain any future comments to only address Seadweller's journey.

Regards,
John